Government Funded Training

Home Government Funded Training

Funded Traineeships available at Allan Miller Transport Training

Students eligible for the subsidised training will have part of their training subsidised through WorkReady.  A Student fee of $800 will be charged upon enrolment.

  • TLI31216 Certificate III Driving Operations
  • TLI31616 Certificate III Warehousing Operations
  • TLI32416 Certificate III in Logistics
  • TLI33418 Certificate III in Waste Driving Operations
  • TLI21716 Certificate II in Road Transport Yard Operations (Freight Handler)
  • TLI21815 Certificate II in Logistics

These courses are available under a traineeship or apprenticeship
An apprentice or trainee with an approved training contract including school-based training contracts may enroll in this course.
For more information, see Training contracts and training plans

Government Funded Training In Adelaide

Skilling Australians Fund

The Australian Government is committed to working with industry to ensure the vocational education and training (VET) sector responds effectively and efficiently to the skills required by employers and supporting apprentices and trainees through the Skilling Australians Fund (the SAF).

A renewed focus on apprenticeships and traineeships will boost the number of people who choose and succeed in this pathway and help address skills shortages across Australia. Read the Skilling Australians Fund Fact Sheet for more information.

The Government has made funding available for the SAF between 2017–18 to 2021–22. With matched funding from states and territories, the SAF will grow the number of apprentices and trainees to support Australia’s future productivity, jobs and growth.

In 2017–18, the Government provided around $187 million from the SAF to support approximately 50,000 additional apprentices, trainees, pre-apprentices, pre-trainees and employment-related training commencements. These projects were funded ahead of the commencement of the SAF National Partnership Agreement (NPSAF). Read the 2017-18 Projects Factsheet for more information.


Skilling South Australia is helping more people get skills and qualifications to build lasting careers and meet the needs of the industry.

The initiative encompasses a range of activities to support more apprenticeship and traineeship opportunities in South Australia.

The South Australian Government is committed to ensuring that these opportunities are attractive to job seekers, business and industry, and meets the state’s skills needs now and in the future.

To achieve this goal, the State Government is investing $100m, with a further $103m from the Commonwealth Government through the Skilling Australians Fund National Partnership Agreement, to create an additional 20,800 apprenticeships and traineeships over the next four years.

Eligibility for government subsidised training

You may be eligible for subsidised training if you live or work in South Australia, and you are:

  • an Australian or New Zealand citizen
  • a permanent Australian resident, or
  • an eligible visa holder (See Eligible visas)

and are:

  • 16 years or over and not enrolled at school, or
  • 16 years or over, enrolled in school and undertaking training through the Training Guarantee for SACE Students (TGSS), or
  • undertaking training through a training contract as an apprentice or trainee in an identified course.

Individuals can check what government subsidised training options they may be eligible for by answering a few questions through the following eligibility calculator – –
It’s easy and will take around a minute to complete.

You can also view the current Subsidised Training List (STL) online on the Skills & Employment website (
The current STL can be viewed online –

In addition to all permanent residency visa holders, the following temporary visa holders are eligible for subsidised training:

  • Skilled – Regional (Provisional) Visa (subclass 489)
  • Skilled – Regional Sponsored Visa (subclass 475)
  • Skilled – Regional Sponsored Visa (subclass 487)
  • Skilled Independent – Regional (Provisional) Visa (subclass 495)
  • Business Owner (Provisional) Visa (subclass 160)
  • Senior Executive (Provisional) Visa (subclass 161)
  • Investor (Provisional) Visa (subclass 162)
  • State/Territory Sponsored Business Owner (Provisional) Visa, subclass 163
  • State/Territory Sponsored Senior Executive (Provisional) Visa, subclass 164
  • State/Territory Sponsored Investor (Provisional) Visa, subclass 165
  • Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) Visa, subclass 188
  • Safe Haven Enterprise Visa (SHEV), subclass 790
  • Bridging Visa E (BE), subclass 050 and 051
  • Temporary Protection Visa (TPV), subclass 785
  • Bridging Visa F (BVF), subclass 060
  • To check your visa type, visit the Department of Home Affairs.

What is a training contract?

Before you start your apprenticeship or traineeship, you’ll sign a training contract which is a legal agreement between you and your employer. If you’re under 18, your parent or guardian will sign it too.

Your training contract outlines:

  • the qualification you’re studying
  • the number of hours of employment and training per week you will be provided with
  • probationary period details
  • obligations of you and your employer.

What is a training plan?

Before starting your apprenticeship or traineeship, you also sign a training plan that describes your off-job training with your training provider.

Your training plan will include:

  • core and electives qualification units
  • training modes including off-job and on-job delivery
  • training provider details
  • training location.

WorkReady Application and Enrolment Process

What to take with you when you enroll

When you enroll, your Training Provider will assess whether you meet the entry requirements of the course and do an upfront assessment of your learning and support needs. They will also verify your eligibility and collect some personal information including:

  • Proof of identity (Driver’s licence, Proof of Age Card, Passport, etc)
  • Proof of residential address (Driver’s licence, Proof of Age Card, Bank Statement, etc)
  • Proof of citizenship
  • Proof of previous learning if you are claiming Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
  • Employment Service Provider name
  • Participant job seeker ID.
Upfront assessment of learning and support needs

Your Training Provider will conduct an assessment of your learning and support needs before you can enroll in a course. This should ensure you have the best chance of success in your course of choice by finding out more about your individual needs.

The process includes:

  • checking if your Employment Service Provider has provided you with a referral to training
  • discussing whether the course is a good fit for you and providing you with detailed information relating to the course
  • assessing your reading and maths skills, and sometimes writing as well, to make sure that any additional learning support needs are addressed
  • discussing with you whether there are any personal/life issues that could interfere with your training, and planning to provide support where needed.

By discussing these before enrolment, your training provider can work with you to identify early what is needed to help you achieve your training goals and record the strategies in a Learning and Support Plan.

What to know before enrolling

Student/Participant Number and Participant Agreement
If you enroll in a government subsidised course you are given a Participant Number (prior to 1 July 2015 it was known as a Skills for All Student Number). You cannot access government subsidised training without this.

This number stays with you and is used for any further subsidised training.

To get a Participant Number, you need to provide some personal details and sign a Participant Agreement. Your Training Provider will ask you to complete a Participant Agreement and write your Participant Number on the top of the form.

If you are a new student you may receive confirmation of this number by text message or email from the Department of State Development (DSD).

This number is used by the Training Provider and DSD to record your participation in and your results of government subsidised training.

Your personal information may also be used to determine future eligibility for subsidised courses and for statistical purposes, including reporting to other bodies.

Keep a record of your Participant Number particularly if you plan to do further study. If you misplace your Participant Number you can call the Infoline on 1800 506 266 or ask your Training Provider to search for your number.

Collecting Information

The Participant Agreement sets out the purposes for which personal information is collected by the Minister and how it will be used. The Department of State Development (DSD), on behalf of The Minister, collects, uses, stores and discloses information only in accordance with the South Australian Information Privacy Principles.

Freedom of Information

If you require access to your personal information held by DSD, call the Infoline on 1800 506 266 who will advise you of the process you need to follow. In some cases, you may need to apply through the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act 1991.

The Freedom of Information Act 1991 (FOI Act) gives you the right, subject to certain restrictions, to make an application to access your personal information held by DSD. You can request your records personally or through another person acting with your authority (ie a solicitor). The FOI Act gives you the right to apply to have your personal information held by DSD amended if it is incorrect, out of date or misleading.

Call the Infoline on 1800 506 266 for more information about:

  • making an FOI application
  • fees and charges that may apply and
  • access to application forms.
Unique Student Identifier

The Unique Student Identifier (USI) scheme links every student who undertakes nationally recognised Vocational Education and Training (VET) in Australia to an online account that contains all your enrolment and achievement records completed from 1 January 2015 onwards. This will make it easy for you to provide evidence of your academic results, for example when applying for a job or enrolling in further study.

You must have a USI if you are studying in Australia.

You can apply for your own USI or your training provider can apply for a USI on your behalf, with your permission. When applying for a USI, you will be asked to supply information that can be verified by the Australian Government’s Document Verification Service, such as a Medicare card or Driver’s Licence. When using an accepted form of identification, the USI should be available within minutes.

Visit the USI website to create your USI –

Information on the WorkReady application process contained above is taken from the How to Enrol for Training page on the WorkReady website

Traineeships at Allan Miller Transport Training

For further details please contact the office on 8186 7200

Contact details

Please contact our office on Ph:  (08) 8186 7200 or Email: for further information.

Call Now